About ConferenceWhat to expect
The joint INTERREG sister project “NorthSEE” and “Baltic LINes” conference will focus on Maritime Spatial Planning (MSP) in the North Sea and Baltic Sea regions and present the findings and results elaborated in the projects.
North SEE and Baltic LINes at a glance
WHAT IS NORTH SEE ABOUT?
A North Sea Perspective on Shipping, Energy and Environmental Aspects in Maritime Spatial Planning.
The project aims to achieve greater coherence in Maritime Spatial Planning (processes) and in Maritime Spatial Plans capturing synergies and preventing incompatibilies. Creating better conditions for sustainable development of the area in the fields of shipping, energy and environment protection.
Sectors: Shipping, Energy, Environment.
North SEE activities:
• Analyse status que and trends of energy, shipping and environment sector in order to develop planning solutions;
• Cross sector activities include – MSP coordination, MSP Challenge 2050 simulation software, Infoquarium – innovative data and information platform for MSP
WHAT IS BALTIC LINES ABOUT?
Coherent Linear Infrastructures in Baltic Maritime Spatial Plans.
The project aims to increase transnational coherence of linear infrastructure, e.g. shipping routes and energy corridors, in Maritime Spatial Plans in the Baltic Sea Region (BSR). This prevents cross-border mismatches and secures transnational connectivity as well as efficient use of Baltic Sea space.
Sectors: Shipping, Energy.
Baltic LINes works on:
• BSR MSP data infrastructure
• Future requirements for MSP for shipping and energy
• Suggestions for transnationally coherent planning solutions for linear infrastructure